Milwaukee 2760-20 M18 FUEL SURGE 1/4″ Hex Hydraulic Driver
The Milwaukee 2760-20 M18 FUEL SURGE 1/4″ Impact Driver – tool only
- Tool only – batteries and charger sold separately
- Belt Clip
- Bit Holder
- Product no. 2760-20
- FLUID-DRIVE™ Hydraulic Powertrain:
- Reduces metal-on-metal contact inside the tool
- Minimizes wear for increased durability compared to standard impact drivers
- Delivers smoother performance, longer service life and quieter operation
- Completely sealed mechanism filled with hydraulic fluid
- Fluid is compressed and expanded 4,000 times per minute (IPM) to generate torque
- 50% Quieter than standard impact drivers:
- 76 dBA operating level is about 10 dBA lower than standard impact drivers
- Rule of thumb: 10 dBA reduction in noise level is perceived as 50% quieter
- In most applications SURGE is below the OSHA requirement for hearing protection
- 3X Less vibration:
- Smoother operation
- Superior operator control
- Less cam out
- Less operator strain and fatigue
- Longer sustained torque:
- 450 in-lbs of longer sustained torque
- Delivers equal or faster driving speed than standard impact drivers
- Reaches peak torque faster
- Holds peak torque longer
- Impacts faster at 4,000 IPM
- 4-Mode Driver Control:
- For greater control over output speed and power
- Self-Tapping Screw Mode reduces walking when starting self-tapping screws
- Self-Tapping Screw Mode reduces over-driving, breaking and stripping out of screws
- Milwaukee M18 FUEL advantage:
- POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor delivers faster cuts, reduced heat and extended service life
- REDLITHIUM™ Battery Pack for more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack
- REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence optimizes performance and overload protection
- Battery voltage and chemistry: 18V Lithium Ion
- No load speed: 3,000 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute: 4,000 IPM
- Peak torque: 450 in-lbs
- Application sound rating: 76 dBA
- Tool weight: 2.3 lbs
- Length: 5″
- Height: 7.67″
- Width: 2.38″
- Tool warranty: 5 years
- Battery warranty: 2 years
Typical small and medium fastener applications:
- Self-tapping screws
- Finish work
- Wood screws
- No Hub bands
- Small diameter hex head bolts
- Deck screws
- Cabinet screws
- Mechanical contractors
- HVAC contractors
To slow for production work. Sure it’s quiet and smooth but I wish I didn’t buy it.
Kim Haworth –
This is a great drill. Quite and fast. Love Milwaukee tools
Exceptional power and no hammering in your ears. A bit heavy with a large battery attached.
Dixie Normas –
Powerhouse driver, but that rubber overmold on the chuck end sucks in whatever I’m drilling when I am drilling upwards and there’s no way to clean it out. I might try to throw a little bit of air through the ports while blocking others and see what happens. But it is a monster and chews through just about anything I toss at it.
BC Fasteners Rocks
Peter B –
Awesome driver. Much quieter than previous models. I will never go back to the older style.
Harry Pehkonen –
I purchased the 2760 as a replacement for a broken 2750 (the non-surge impact driver). The 2760 is quieter (I liked wearing hearing protection with the 2750, but not necessary with the 2760), and seems to have more power.
The chuck in the 2760 seems to be 1/4″ to 1/2″ further back with respect to the front of the battery, so my short bits are now less useful.
I wish the 2760 didn’t have the different power levels/indicators (extra cost) — I am completely comfortable with leaving it at full power (setting #3), and adjusting with the trigger instead.
After three weeks of use, the belt clip came loose, just like it did with my 2750. A little bit of blue Loctite fixes this very nicely, but now with the 2760 you need a torx screw driver to tighten it.
Marc Bouteilles –
Very well made, very quite.
On top of that, fast shipping, BC Fasteners just have a great service. Highly recommend.