Milwaukee 2688-20 M18™ Compact Heat Gun – Tool Only
The Milwaukee 2688-20 M18 Compact Heat Gun includes:
- Tool only – batteries and charger sold separately
- Product no. 2688-20
- High Performance Heating Coil reaches operational temperature in less than 7 seconds
- Delivers the temperature of corded heat guns – 875ºF (468ºC)
- Heats over 40 connections on a single XC5.0Ah battery
- REDLINK™ Intelligence temperature management system maximizes life
- REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Battery Pack – the most durable pack on the market
- The most compact heat gun at just 6.35” long
- Guarded Nozzle prevents contact with unprotected surfaces
- Ladder Hook
- LED Light
- Length: 6.39″
- Height: 7.87″
- Width: 2.6″
- Weight: 1.7 lbs
Also available as a kit with 5.0Ah battery: 2688-21
Great heat gun, works great for marshmallows. Cooks but doesn’t burn them.
I use it for decal removal and for warming parts. I haven’t used it for anything other than little things around the workbench. Seems to stretch plastic fine. I have a corded one but have put it away because the cordless feature makes it great to pick it up use it, move on. I use H Demand batteries though.
Daryl Penner –
Not as impressed as with my other Milwaukee tools. The fan is weak and has difficulty with larger heat shrink. As a hobby gun it’s ok.
Larry Borsa –
First Milwaukee tool I’m not satisfied with. Does work for heat shrinks, eventually. Larger diameter heat shrinks would be a challenge for this tool. Pricy item for very limited use.
Does exactly what I need it to do…..melt heat shrink. No more butane or extension cords.
Does exactly what I needed it to do, melt heat shrink. No more butane or extension cords. Very happy with this purchase.
Gary Richardson –
Great for under 1/2″ but horrible for anything above. Discharges my XC 5.0 within 10 mins. Would not recommend this product if your looking for an industrial application, at least not at this cost
It does heat up quick, and produces plenty of heat for heat shrink or warming decals. Does not get as hot as a corded but is perfect for electrical work. The gun is very light and comfortable in the hand